Wednesday 15 September 2010

Party of 39 make it to the top of Snowdon !

Thank you Aled and Janet for sending in your photograph and nope ! no mistaking it ! You are wearing your bands !! Janet wrote in - that a party of 39 family and friends of Sian who`s 50 th birthday it was on Sunday set off to climb Snowdon [1,085m] -all made it to the top,as you can see there were no views except fleetingly when in the cafe! on the way down however the views were beautiful !!! glad you enjoyed the walk guys-you must be a super fit lot-thanks for sending in your photo and donation.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow! That's very cool.

Nigel said...

Hi Janet...just surfed on in via John’s blog. Not had much time recently, so it’s my first visit. Website looks great, by the way. I understand from his blog that John is claiming that he provided you with “technical support” to start the blog...hmmm....not often you hear the name “John” associated with the word “technical”, but I guess we can pamper his delusions of technological competence...!

Moving swiftly on...

Admittedly, I know nearly nothing about ALS-associated diseases, although perhaps I’m a little more informed having read your blog and following the links. What strikes me most is the seamless way that Family and Friends alike have grasped the challenges you’re facing together. Circumstances like this, I think, invite more than a little reflection for anyone whose life it touches, as a close family member or, like me, someone perhaps a little more removed but still constantly mindful of your news and developments. I know from my own experiences that families don’t always engage with difficult circumstances with the dignity and respect that is perhaps deserved, so - without wanting to sound maudlin (something John would tell you that I don’t “do”) – the way you’ve all ‘gathered’ is enviable.

Anyway, just a quick “hello”...I’ll aim this week to circulate the blog address to colleagues at work, and perhaps catch up directly when I next visit North Wales, maybe October or November. Take care. Nx

Janet said...

Thanks N you are a star ! x