Sunday 5 December 2010

Auction Time !


Coronation street celebrates its 50 th anniversary this week ! A few weeks ago I buckled down with pen and paper I got on with some letter writing- I wrote to The Princess Royal [as you all now know ] , Coronation Street , Eastenders and Hollyoaks . I was hoping to get some celebrity faces to add to our blog supporters site ! Eastenders sent me a very nice letter returning the bands [ which I thought very nice of them ] declining my request ,[ o.k.- big sighs but at least they wrote back !] Coronation street sent the above picture [ no sign of the bands ] also declining my request but as a softener please find enclosed ! A very nice picture souvenir of all the cast with autographed printed signatures ! A moment of madness passed over me- regarding a red felt tipped pen- and the urge to draw them all wearing mnd wristbands ! hmmm ! What on earth shall I do with this ? I know ! How about I auction it ?
For all you Coronation Street fans out there this week will be the hottest television event of the decade with one of the biggest stunts ever pulled off by a soap !The dramatic scenes took ten special- effects experts more than 250 days to film -costing £1 million , the most producers have ever spent on a stunt ! As well as killing off several well known characters the crash will create some exciting cliffhangers ! So grab the chance to get yourself this keepsake ! I will start the bidding at £ 3.00 [ just to cover postage costs ] ! You can email me a bid or better still write one in the comment box ! GOOD LUCK !

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I've never seen Coronation Street, but have heard about it. Excellent idea to auction it off! There are probably more fans that would love to have that, just need to get the word out there. I hope you make a bunch off it!

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

XXX

John Going Gently said...

I bet 5£

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

I'm watching Corrie on free to air TV and Richard Hillman has just died it's March 2003!!!! What about a tenner:) Linda xxx

Janet said...

Thats fabulous ! thank you Linda ! xx can any one beat that ?

Roland Roberts said...

I bid £25

Janet said...

oh Roly ! you`re a star ! sending you a big bear hug ! x

ann said...

About this bear hugging business with Roly, where is the queue. x

Janet said...

Behind me -I`m first ! x