Monday 28 February 2011

Asda`s bag pack

Sunday morning 10 o`clock saw me standing outside my house clutching a large collection of balloons , 12 buckets , 20 sashes , 15 t-shirts , clipboard , bands , sweets and god only knows what else [ kitchen sink I think! ] waiting for my sister Ann to collect me to go to Asda`s some 20 minutes drive away-we were meeting everyone at 10.30, 10 past 10 -no sign of her ! Ann is always late- at quarter past 10 I started to fret -and then her car hurtles around the corner and screeches to a halt- without a word every thing is flung at breakneck speed into the boot ! Why is it when you are in a hurry everyone seems to be driving deliberately slow ? and every traffic light seemed to be on red. We sat in silence -willing the car to go faster ! it`s stressful this fundraising lark isn`t it ? she finally said- I replied -it is when your running late !
I needed the loo -just as I was leaving the house-sorry ! and then we both fell about laughing !
-with me threatening to announce just why I was late to everybody on arrival or worse, post it on the blog. [sorry Ann ] As we pulled up outside Asda I could see everyone waiting in the foyer for us- I was delighted to be greeted by our young dragons who turned out to be mostly Prestatyn young firefighters whom came to support us on our last bag pack -there were a few new faces, two lovely girls from the 1st Meliden guides, cllr Gerry Frobisher who is the N.Wales co-ordinator for the young dragons programme and several adult supervisors.The young dragons were brilliant-everything went very smoothly from then on -Stuart Lewis was on hand to take some photographs [hope your cold is better today Stuart ] The Dragons stayed until 1 o`clock and then it was the family and friends turn.
Pictured above from left to right is Steve Flavel [ a volunteer who came to us through facebook-his mum suffers with MND] nephew Chris [travelled from Ormskirk] , brother in law Tim , Chris` partner Rebecca and sister Ann .Followed by......
Andrew`s friend Marcia, my friend Debbie ,her daughter Jess and Jess` friend Leah [they travelled from The Wirral to take part ] Tracie who is married to nephew Pete- and Pete ! During the day I kept texting Andrew and Jayne to let the know how we were getting on -
The balloons went down a storm-we couldn`t blow them up fast enough to meet supply and demand- we were joined here by aunty judy,hubby Ned and friends Debbie and Peter- Most of us had finished at this point only John remained still packing ! we were also joined by cousins Karen and Ian and Ian`s wife Tina [ told you it was a real family affair !]
Back home with tea and biscuits- six of us set about counting the money-it took over an hour ! At first we were all chatting and laughing and distracting each other ! one by one we fell silent as we kept losing count and having to start over-
We are delighted to announce we made a whopping £764.13 for the MNDA. Andrew was delighted. The money will go to help fund a research project into finding a cure for MND; We had a smashing day-all our first time bag packers agreed that the day just flew by and that they had really enjoyed themselves !


I just like to thank Asda for allowing us to hold a fundraising event in their store-for Amy for arranging it for us-for the generosity of the customers who donated and to all our very hard working bag packers ! you were brilliant !

Cllr Gerry Frobisher [N.Wales co-ordinator for the young dragons tel 01745 369973 ]


THE YOUNG DRAGONS
1st Meliden guides - Harriet and Alice Frobisher

The Prestatyn Young Firefighters
Anaya Liptrot
Sion Price
Tom Evans
Grace Larter
Jade Liptrot

supervisors -Martin Parry , Jamie Brown and Linda Parry.

Friends
Debbie, jess ,Leah , Peter and Debbie ,Lynda , Marcia, Steve ,Stuart

Family
Ann , Tim , John , Pete ,Tracie , Chris ,Rebecca , Ned ,Judy , Karen , Ian , and Tina .
Couldn`t have done it without you all x

14 comments:

Molly said...

I have just come over from John's blog and just want to say well done to all of you!

John Going Gently said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Going Gently said...

I want it noted , I would like a photograph of my OWN on the next bag pack seeing I was left out of these!!!!!

Janet said...

Well I did try -you were off like a rocket when you arrived -itching to get going ! and then you were the last one to finish ! I have one of you in action I will put on the flikka xx

Sharon said...

Great post, Janet! I was all excited for all of you and am thrilled it all went off without a hitch! The amount you made was awesome!

Diane said...

Thats an awsome amount - wll done !! xxxx

ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Williams said...

Never known a women to be on time!!!! EVER

ann said...

You did n't mention the major road works at the top of town, causing me to take a great big massive detour around upper Prestatyn at breakneck speed, mainly on two squealing wheels. Which was actually good fun, as was the day. I love these events for Andrew's MND
much love Ann xx

Janet said...

For a family that does everything by the seat of their pants -to quote you Ann -we did alright !

Lesley said...

glad you did well and collected quite a tidy sum for your Chairty best wishes Lesley x

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

This is such an uplifting post Janet♥ What a marvellous day, you made it sound like so much fun was had instead of work:) How absolutely fantastic that so much money was donated by all the kind folk shopping at Asda, also big thanks to Asda for showing their compassionate side♥♥

Callie Brady said...

Congratulations to all! That was a lot of work. Very good that you had fun and made some money too. Great photos!

thato amelia said...

My first symptoms of ALS occurred in 2014, but was diagnosed in 2016. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then I decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Tree of Life Health clinic. It has made a tremendous difference for me (Visit w w w. treeoflifeherbalclinic .com ). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. ]